Cough... Cough... Dusting off the old blog
I guess it has been a few years since my last post. But I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, and have come to the conclusion that Facebook/Twitter simply don't work for me. So I'm going to reestablish markrebuck.com as the place where I communicate... whatever I feel I need to communicate :-). To bring this blog up to date from my last post (mid 2009? really?):
- Mary Beth and I had a son. A long time ago. He's 4.5 years old as I type this :-). His name is Henry and he's awesome beyond description. I need to set markrebuck.com up with some photos, because my smugmug.com account is dormant and all of my Henry photos are on Facebook.
- The run streak I had going back in 2008-2009 is no longer in effect. I managed to run at least one mile 560-something days in a row, and 1510 of 1513 days total. The only days I missed were due to food poisoning (late in the day before I could get my run in), and the day/day after Henry's birth.
- We moved from the house listed two posts ago. New address is:
2306 Raleigh Rd.
- I don't intend to talk about work on this blog much.
- The areas of my life on which I'm trying to focus are the same as what I've mentioned on here in the past... mostly. Having Henry has naturally shifted my priorities a bit, and my #1 goal in life now is to continue to have a good relationship with my wife and son.
- I've been mostly vegetarian for a few years now. I still east fish (mostly in the form of Sushi) from time to time, but no red/white meat. How I arrived at being a vegetarian (pescetarian, to be precise)is a long and boring story. Frankly, I'm somewhat surprised by it. Eventually I just decided I didn't feel good about eating meat, so I stopped.