As promised, part II of the pair...
I don't really do "resolutions". I do "areas on which to focus" lists. In 2009, I plan to focus on the following:
- My relationship with Mary Beth. I want a strong marriage, and I know that having a strong marriage will require work.
- Food. Nothing fancy here. I need to get back to focusing on food-as-a-process instead of food-only-as-entertainment.
- Writing / This blog. Like any other skill, writing skills fades unless it is practiced. I promise I'll get back to updating this blog more often, even if the content is insanely boring :-).
- Caffeine. I let myself get addicted twice in 2008. I hate the feeling of being addicted to something.
- Continuing to run at least 1.0 mile every day until May 10th, thus completing 365 days in-a-row. After May 10th, reevaluate my running goals.
- Moving for at least 30 minutes per day, no excuses. Walking counts.
- Completing 100 pushups in a single set at some point during the year. I can't explain why, but I really want to be able to say that I did 100 pushups in a single set at least once during my life.
- Simplifying my financial life as much as possible.
- Getting up earlier. This one is going to be tough. I've never been a morning person.